Tickets are now on sale for the Organ Mountain Rivalry football game between the Centennial High School Hawks and the Oñate High School Knights. The game will begin at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 21, at NMSU’s Aggie Memorial Stadium.
Ticket Prices are $8 for adults and $4 for students and can be purchased at either high school from 9:00 a.m. to noon on Friday, Sept. 21 at both schools. Fans can also buy tickets on game-day at the gates, which will open at 5:30 p.m.
Ernie Viramontes, LCPS athletics director, said security officials at the game will be inspecting purses and bags for additional safety. Only stadium seats will be allowed in the stadium, excluding folding chairs. A large crowd is expected and Viramontes encourages fans to arrive for the game no later than 6:00 p.m. to prevent traffic congestion.
Traditionally, hundreds of fans tailgate before the game in specified NMSU parking lots. Viramontes said pregame tailgating is allowed from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday. Centennial High School fans will use lots #33 and #38, immediately north of Aggie Memorial Stadium, while Oñate High School fans will use lot #34, immediately east of the stadium.
“We want everyone to have a good time and to be safe, so we will enforce a few rules to ensure everyone’s safety” Viramontes said.
Tailgating guidelines to observe are:
- No alcohol inside the stadium or in the tailgating parking lots
- Vehicles should park in designated rows and stalls and not block traffic
- No parking in the fire lanes
- One parking space/stall may be reserved next to each vehicle for tailgating activities
- Pop-up tents that do not require stakes are recommended
- Grilling is allowed but no open flames will be permitted
- No glass containers are allowed in parking lots
The game will be streamed HERE beginning at 6:45 p.m. For information, contact the LCPS Athletics Office at 575-527-5812.