Keeping with its tradition of recognizing outstanding education professionals, the Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce is currently accepting nominations for the 2019 Crystal Apple Education Awards.
These awards are given annually to Las Cruces Pre-K through 12 educators in public or private schools who have shown excellence in teaching and/or administration. This year, awards will be given in four categories, including:
- Emerging Teacher (1 to 3 years in profession)
The awards will be given out at the Chamber’s annual banquet on Thursday, April 4th, 2019.
Recipients of the award are nominated based on the criteria set forth by the Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce Education Committee. The following criteria are used to evaluate each nominee:
- Presents timely, relevant educational material in a stimulating manner, encouraging cross-disciplinary linkages whenever possible.
- Encourages student inquiry and uses appropriate technologies to enhance educational opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Encourages family involvement and utilizes community resources in the education process.
- Demonstrates an active and positive record of service to students as an academic, professional and/or personal adviser, and a commitment to diversity.
- Regularly completes professional development programs and applies new knowledge in the classroom.
To nominate a deserving education professional who you feel meets the criteria, fill out the nomination form at the link below.
The completed application and summary must be received by the Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 22, 2019. Mail entries to:
Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce
ATTN: 2019 Chamber Choice Awards
150 E. Lohman Ave.
Las Cruces, NM 88001
Or submit your entry via email to email@example.com. For additional information, please call Brandi Misquez at 575-524-1968.
For additional information, please call Brandi Misquez at 575-524-1968.
— Damien Willis, LCPS Director of Communications, 575-527-5811, firstname.lastname@example.org