Fall sports will begin again this week for high school student athletes at Las Cruces Public Schools. The season will begin with volleyball and soccer starting on August 17. The first home game for football will kick off this Friday, August 20 at the Field of Dreams. Cross Country will begin on August 21.
“It is with great anticipation and excitement that we are delighted to host in person games once again,” said Ernie Viramontes, Executive Athletic Director for LCPS.
“I ask you, the public, for patience and cooperation as we navigate the athletic season by following the health and safety guidelines from New Mexico Department of Health,” Viramontes added.
Gates will open 1-hour prior to game time for volleyball, soccer, and an hour and a half before kickoff for football. For a list of game schedules, please visit lcps.net and click game schedules under the athletics page.
Guidelines for Athletics
- Football, Soccer, Cross Country, and Fall Golf — no masks required outdoors at games and meets
- Volleyball (indoor) masks are required for all individuals, including spectators
- Transportation — all individuals must wear masks on buses
- Concession stands are allowed, and all individuals must wear masks
- Tickets will be $5 for adults and students for all high school athletic events
- Tickets will be $2 for adults and students for all middle school athletic events
- Tickets will be sold at the gate on game day
Parking for Football
- Home team spectators — will enter and exit the Field of Dreams through Motel Blvd. and park on the west side of the stadium
- Visiting team spectators — will enter and exit the Field of Dreams through Tashiro Dr, and park on the east side of the stadium
Parking for Soccer
- Spectators will enter and exit the Field of Dreams through Tashiro Dr, and park on the east side of the stadium