Welcome to Las Cruces Public Schools!

This page will help provide you with some of the information and resources you need to get your child started with our district.

When can my child enroll?

Students can enroll in the Las Cruces Public Schools if they are 5 years of age by September 1st of the current school year.

How do I find my zoned school and bus information?
What documents do I need to enroll my child in school?
  • Birth certificate
  • Proof of address (utility bill showing the service address, lease, or mortgage)
  • Immunization records
How do I get records from my child’s previous school?

Once your child is enrolled, the registrar will send a Request for Records to the student’s previous school.

If I want to enroll in a school outside of my attendance zone, can I?

The Open Enrollment window is open annually from February 1-15. ALL TRANSFER REQUESTS ARE BASED ON THE CAPACITY OF THE SCHOOL AND/OR GRADE LEVEL.

  • For K-8 Students: A Change of School Assignment Form (Form JFB-E-K8 / Spanish) should be submitted to the principal of the zoned school for signature and the principal of the requested school for approval.
  • For 9-12 Students: A Change of School Assignment Form (Form JFB-E-912 / Spanish) should be submitted to the Associate Superintendent of Curriculum & Instruction prior to the end of the open enrollment window (February 15).
  • For students who enroll in the district after the open enrollment window closes: Students may submit a transfer request for consideration. All transfer requests are based on the capacity of the school and/or grade level.
If my child is not 5, what pre-school options are available?

LCPS has a number of early childhood options available. For information on specific Preschool programs, visit: the LCPS Preschool page.

  • Developmentally Delayed Pre-School programs (DD Pre)
  • Head Start
  • New Mexico Pre-K
  • LCPS Advanced Pre-K classroom