The Mission of the Physical Plant Department is to provide a safe and comfortable learning environment for students, staff, and parents of the Las Cruces Public Schools.
The Physical Plant Department is responsible for the maintenance and repair of all the buildings and grounds throughout the district, to include four charter schools, as well as all district owned vehicles.
Goals and Strategies
The goals of the Physical Plant include developing a process to maximize communication with all District Staff and implement Preventative Maintenance schedules for District Facilities and fleet vehicles.
- Web-based work order system
- Perform Maintenance efforts with financial resources effectively
- Minimize work order response time
- Invest in employee welfare, morale, and professional development
- Improving commitment to community relations