Beginning LCPS will be hosting several recruitment opportunities for families to apply for their child(r en) to participate in a quality early childhood program.
We are accepting applications for next school year 2023-2024. For NM PreK, your child must be 4 years old before Sept. 1, 2023. For Head Start, your child must be 3 or 4 years old before Sept 1, 2023
If you are interested in either Head Start or NM PreK, please choose one of the four options below:
1. In Person
- February 6, from 3:30p.m.-6:30p.m. at Cesar Chavez Elementary in the cafeteria (5250 Holman Rd.)
- February 8, from 3:30p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at Booker T. Washington Elementary Cafeteria (755 E. Chestnut Ave.)
- February 10, from 3:30p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at Mesilla Park Elementary Cafeteria (955 W. Union Ave.)
- February 16, 3:30p.m. 6:30 p.m. at TLC (Teaching Learning Center, 505 S. Main St #400)
2. Online Application: https://www.lcps.net/page/early-childhood-application
3. By Phone: Early Childhood Department: 575-527-6020
4. Scan QR Code
If you are interested in either Headstart or NM PreK, please click the Early Childhood Programs Recruitment box for more information:
*You must complete the Early Childhood Application and be accepted into one of the programs before doing the LCPS online registration (Parent VUE).
Early Childhood Applications for the new school year 2023-2024
- Early Childhood Application: 2023-2024 School Year
- Solicitud para la primera infancia: año escolar 2023-2024